Sunday, January 6, 2013

Sundays on Sanibel

So as if it isn't enough that I live right next to the beach, I'm also conveniently located 20 minutes away from one of the top rated beaches in the world: Sanibel Island. Sanibel is known for it's amazing seashells and eclectic culture, and I was fortunate to be invited to a friend of a friend's beach house for the afternoon. And let me tell you, this house was amazing! Like, should be on the Travel Channel amazing. Let me show you.

When we first arrived, we immediately made our way up to the lookout deck, which was 3 stories high. If you know me, you'll understand this was huge for me since high places are about my absolute least favorite place ever. But the view was breathtaking.

After touring the property, I went straight for the object that caught my eye: the star fruit tree. The owner showed me how to find a perfect star fruit and pick them right off the tree. I couldn't exactly wait to get inside to cut it like a decent human being, oops.

After a quick tanning session on the beach (have to watch for those wrinkles, duh), we went back to the house for an amazing home cooked meal by my wonderful chef friend. Not a bad Sunday! Oh and I made a new friend. This is Cooper, the 120 pound golden doodle :).

Catch up with me tomorrow for monogram Monday to see my absolute favorite monogrammed pieces. Happy Sunday!

Lauren Kaye









No comments:

Post a Comment